Personal Development Lesson
THE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT LESSON
The Personal Development Lesson is an integral part of our curriculum at Charters, from Year 7 through to Year 13. The programme of study has been designed to equip our students with the skills and knowledge they need for their next steps, instilling a sense of moral purpose, empathy and understanding. Personal development lessons provide our students with opportunities to grow as active, healthy and engaged citizens, supported by the school ethos of Unity Respect Excellence.
The fortnightly lesson complements subject-based learning and focuses on a range of topics, including:
• Citizenship, personal, social, and health education (PSHEC)
• Relationships and sex education (RSE)
• Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development
• Religious studies
• British values
• Careers information, education, advice and guidance
• PiXL Edge LORIC skills
• Exam preparation and reflection
• Internet safety.