CHARTERS SCHOOL ADMISSION INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in Charters School. If you are looking for your child to join us in Year 7 in September 2022, please click here.
For an in-year admission please see application process and form further down this page.
Students with an EHCP will apply via their Case Officer and Local Authority.
- Charters is an Academy School and the Board of Trustees is the Admissions Authority for the School.
- Planned Admission number for each year group is 270
- Admissions to Year 7 for the start of the academic year are administered by the School Admissions Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Full details of the admissions process for a Year 7 place for the start of the academic year are published on the RBWM website.
- The closing date for applications for a Year 7 place at the start of an academic year is 31 October in the year preceding entry to Charters School. There is no deadline for In-Year Transfer applications.
- Children with an Educational Health & Care Plan (EHCP), where Charters is named as the preferred school, are allocated places ahead of applicants who fall within lower admissions categories.
- Charters has a Learning Support Centre for students with a physical disability – these places are allocated in excess of the statutory places in each year group.
- In-Year applications to Charters School (current Years 7 to 11) are administered by the School. Please complete the online In-Year Transfer Application Form on this page.
- If a place is not available at the time of In-Year Transfer application, you will join the waiting list. Your position is based on the Admission criteria set out in our School Admission Policy.
- Charters School has a Designated Catchment Area.
- To make an application to appeal, please see the RBWM appeals information or contact the Democratic Services Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead tel: 01628 796319.
- The appeal process takes several weeks and appeals are heard by an independent Appeals Panel which considers each case on its own merit.
Admissions to the Sixth Form are administered by the Sixth Form Administrator at the school, Mrs Anna Boxall.
For any questions relating to In-Year Transfers, please contact Mrs Gaynor Reid-Smith.
IN-YEAR TRANSFER REQUESTS
Application for a mid-year transfer to the school (for current Years 7 to 11) can be made throughout the academic year by completing the online In-Year Transfer Application Form.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SCHOOL IS FULL IN ALL YEAR GROUPS AND WE CURRENTLY HAVE NO PLACES TO OFFER.
IF YOU MAKE AN IN-YEAR TRANSFER APPLICATION, YOUR CHILD WILL BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST OF THE RELEVANT YEAR GROUP
Once you have made your In Year Application by completing the form and registering your email, please do not proceed any further until you are advised to do so by the school directly.
Please ensure that you upload evidence of address with your application. If you are having trouble doing this please contact email@example.com
Evidence of address can be one of the following:
- A current utility bill (no older than three months)
- A lease agreement (12 months or longer)
- Evidence of a recent purchase of a property
- Your current council tax statement
Credit card or bank statements and mobile phone bills cannot be used as evidence of address.
Once your application has been processed you will be advised of the outcome by email. If a place can not be offered at the time of application, your child will be placed on the relevant waiting list and you will be advised of their position. Please be aware that positions on the waiting list can go down if other admission applications are received with a higher priority according to the criteria set out in the School’s admission policy.