CHARTERS SCHOOL ADMISSION INFORMATION
- Charters is an Academy School and the Board of Trustees is the Admissions Authority for the School.
- Admissions to Year 7 for the start of the academic year are administered by the School Admissions Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Full details of the admissions process for a Year 7 place for the start of the academic year are published on the RBWM website.
- The closing date for applications is 31 October in the year preceding entry to Charters School.
- Children with an Educational Health & Care Plan (EHCP), where Charters is named as the preferred school, are allocated places ahead of applicants who fall within lower admissions categories.
- Charters has a Learning Support Centre for students with a physical disability – these places are allocated in excess of the statutory places in each year group.
- In-Year applications to Charters School (current Years 7 to 11) are administered by the School. Please complete the online In-Year Transfer Application Form on this page.
- If a place is not available at the time of In-Year Transfer application, you will join the waiting list. Your position is based on the Admission criteria set out in our School Admission Policy.
- To make an application to appeal, please see the RBWM appeals information or contact the Democratic Services Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead tel: 01628 796319.
- The appeal process takes several weeks and appeals are heard by an independent Appeals Panel which considers each case on its own merit.
Admissions to the Sixth Form are administered by the Sixth Form Administrator at the school, Mrs Anna Boxall.
For any questions relating to In-Year Transfers, please contact Mrs Gaynor Reid-Smith.
Once you have made your In Year Application by completing the form and registering your email, please do not proceed any further until you are advised to do so by the school directly.