CHARTERS SCHOOL ADMISSION INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in Charters School. Due to the volume of emails received regarding admissions, we will only respond where the answer cannot be found in the Frequently Asked Questions.
All meetings regarding admission need to be booked in advance, the school is unable to accommodate drop ins.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SCHOOL IS FULL IN YEAR GROUPS 7 - 11 AND WE CURRENTLY HAVE NO PLACES TO OFFER.
For Sixth Form admissions, please refer to the Sixth Form section of our website.
IF YOU MAKE AN IN-YEAR TRANSFER APPLICATION, YOUR CHILD WILL BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST OF THE RELEVANT YEAR GROUP.
For an in-year admission please see application process and form further down this page.
ADMISSION IN SEPTEMBER 2024
If your child is currently in Year 6 student and would like to join Charters School in September 2024, you will have made your application to the Local Authority where you pay council tax by 31 October 2023. The school does not process any Year 7 applications for the cohort joining us in September. This is managed and places allocated by RBWM School Admissions. Any late applications should be made to your Local Authority.
For information on life in Year 7, you can visit our Year 7 page.
Students with an EHCP will apply via their Case Officer and Local Authority.
- Charters is an Academy School and the Board of Trustees is the Admissions Authority for the School.
- Planned Admission number for each year group is 270
- Admissions to Year 7 for the start of the academic year are administered by the School Admissions Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Full details of the admissions process for a Year 7 place for the start of the academic year are published on the RBWM website.
- The closing date for applications for a Year 7 place at the start of an academic year is 31 October in the year preceding entry to Charters School. There is no deadline for In-Year Transfer applications.
- Children with an Educational Health & Care Plan (EHCP), where Charters is named as the preferred school, are allocated places ahead of applicants who fall within lower admissions categories.
- In-Year applications to Charters School (current Years 7 to 11) are administered by the School. Please complete the online In-Year Transfer Application Form on this page.
- If a place is not available at the time of In-Year Transfer application, you will join the waiting list. Your position is based on the Admission criteria set out in our School Admission Policy.
- Charters School has a Designated Catchment Area.
- To make an application to appeal, please see the RBWM appeals information or contact the Democratic Services Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead tel: 01628 796319.
- The appeal process takes several weeks and appeals are heard by an independent Appeals Panel which considers each case on its own merit.
For any questions relating to In-Year Transfers, please contact Mrs Gaynor Reid-Smith:
Admissions to the Sixth Form are administered by the Sixth Form Administrator at the school, Mrs Anna Boxall.
IN-YEAR TRANSFER REQUESTS
In-year applications can only be made for the current academic year and not for a future academic year.
2023-24 - APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEW ACADEMIC YEAR CAN NOW BE SUBMITTED.
IN-YEAR APPLICATION PROCESS
Application for a mid-year transfer to the school (for current Years 7 to 11) can be made from 01 September to end of Term 6 in July, by completing the online In-Year Transfer Application Form.
IF YOU MAKE AN IN-YEAR TRANSFER APPLICATION, YOUR CHILD WILL BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST OF THE RELEVANT YEAR GROUP
If your address or contact details change at any time you must inform us as this could move you up or down the waiting list.
If you are considering making an in-year application under the Exceptional Medical or Social category, please read our criteria and send supporting evidence from your consultant, general practitioner, psychiatrist or senior social worker to firstname.lastname@example.org after you coplete the in-year transfer form below.
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a place during the academic year (01 Sept to End Term 6 in July before the school breaks for the summer), you must complete a new application form on or after 01 September for the following academic year as the waiting list for all year groups will reset and clear. Applications submitted prior to 01 September are not registered for the correct academic year.
FROM 01 SEPTEMBER: Please complete the form below to apply for an in-year transfer for students in Years 7 to 11.
You will receive an email once the form has been submitted. Please check your junk inbox if the email does not appear.