Sixth Form Tours
Come along to discover what makes Charters Sixth Form special.
If you would like to see our purpose-built facilities during the school day, please contact our Sixth Form administrator who will be happy to arrange a tour for you.
If you would like to book on a Sixth Form tour please click the link below
- Charters Sixth Form is housed in its own purpose-built block
- Our newly refurbished Common Room is the hub of Sixth Form life
- The Durning Room, which is our supervised silent study area, is open from 8.00 am - 4.30 pm in the evening
- The Pronto Café which is open from 11.00am -11.30am, 12.00pm - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 2.00pm every day and is used exclusively by Sixth Form students
TEACHING AND SUPPORT
- Small tutor groups are led by our A Level and BTEC subject teachers
- Successful coaching for Oxbridge candidates
- Targeted support for Potential High Achievers with organised visits to universities
- Guest speakers to inspire students
- The Extended Project Qualification allows students to extend their abilities beyond their Sixth Form course of study, stand out and prepare for university or their future career
- All students participant in an extensive UCAS/Apprenticeship programme and receive bespoke one-to-one support and guidance for UCAS, apprenticeships and work applications
- Our experienced team of Tutors and Sixth Form support staff give Post 18 pathway support
WIDER SIXTH FORM LIFE
- Students can play a major part in shaping the life of the Charters community by taking an active leadership role in either the House system or as a Senior Student Leader
- All students take part in Social Action projects, investing time in our local community
- Our close relationship with Royal Holloway University London allows students to use their library facilities when working on Extended Projects and receive support for Post-18 pathways and student outreach
- Students benefit from one week of work experience in Year 12
- Many students complete their Silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Wednesday afternoon Enrichment activities are a highlight of the week
- Personal Development lessons support Sixth Form students to navigate life in the present and also once they have left Charters
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
To give you a flavour of our Sixth Form we have asked parents, students, teachers and members of our alumni community FIVE QUESTIONS about their Charters Sixth Form experiences. Take a look to discover what life could be like for you on our Sixth Form community.
A BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK...
During the pandemic we were unable to show new students around our Sixth Form and so produced this video to give people a flavour of life in our Sixth Form.
We are looking forward to meeting prospective students in person this year, however thought that many of you would still find the video valuable.