SIXTH FORM DRESS CODE
Students should dress in a way that is “appropriate to a working situation”. Our dress code is therefore not as formal as a uniform, but it is more formal than casual clothes.
By complying with this code Sixth Form students set an excellent example to the rest of the school.
To give some clarity, the following points apply;
- Ripped, dirty, faded and frayed clothes and shoes are not allowed. They cannot be
- considered smart casual clothes.
- Trousers should be clean with no extreme decoration such as studs and patches. Jeans,including blue denim and denim look materials in other colours are allowed. Extreme styles are not allowed including over-large trousers of any style.
- Shorts of any kind are not permitted for boys or girls.
- Leggings may only be worn if they are covered by a dress or long top. The top should be at least mid-thigh in length.
- Flip-flops or any other shoes that are not strapped to your feet are unsafe in school as they present a health and safety risk.
- Clothing should not be revealing at the neckline, waist or hips. No underwear should be visible.
- Strapless tops and tops with thin straps are not allowed, this includes boys vests.
- Skirts without thick tights must be no shorter than mid-thigh.
- Tracksuit or jogging bottoms should never be worn, this includes leisure trousers made of jogger material.
- Piercings should be discreet and appropriate for a school setting.
- Hair styles should not be extreme.
The final decision on whether a student’s attire is acceptable lies with Sixth Form Staff and dress code infringements will be pointed out to the students concerned.
Students who are found flouting the dress code will be required to hand in their mobile phone to Sixth Form Staff at the beginning of the day and required to stay in school until 3 pm.
Mobile phones will be stored safely with Sixth Form Staff and can be collected from the Sixth Form office at 3 pm. Students who fail to hand over their phone will be sent home.
Repeated offenders will have all permitted absence removed and will be required to report to Sixth Form Staff at the start of every non-contact period.