Our approach to developing good and effective behaviour in our students is linked to our core values - Unity Respect Excellence.
- Commit, Connect, Communicate. We support each other to become the best we can.
- Students engage with their peers and their teachers.
- Students prioritise communication in order to reduce the likelihood of misunderstandings.
- Students show a sense of team spirit in all they do, both in and out of the classroom.
- Students support each other in their learning.
- Students commit to tasks in school, both for their own personal benefit and for the common good.
- Students develop a commitment to extra-curricular activities as well as those which take place during the school day.
- Yourself, Your School, Your Community. We show respect to others and the environment. We listen, cooperate and learn.
- Students are kind and polite to each other.
- Students respect and encourage people’s drive for success in their learning opportunities.
- Students consider the way in which they question decisions that affect them, and think about the right time to do this.
- Students adhere to common gestures of courtesy around the school site.
- Students respect the opinions and beliefs of others without judgement.
- Make. It. Matter. We work to the best of our ability at all times. Don’t miss out – every second counts.
- Students make the most of the opportunities offered to them within their school life by arriving at lessons ready and equipped to learn.
- Students take advantage of all the opportunities which school offers them.
- Students display an attitude to learning within the classroom that promotes outstanding progress for themselves and their peers.
- Students use their leadership skills to share opportunities and develop their lifelong learning skills.
- Students look for opportunities to further their own learning independently at any given time.