BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
Thank you for taking an interest in joining us here at Charters School. We are a large Comprehensive Academy School with just over 1700 students aged 11 to 18 years old on roll (including 390 in the Sixth Form) and are located in Sunningdale, Berkshire. We have been graded 'good' by Ofsted with an 'outstanding' Sixth Form and are a warm, dynamic, high-achieving secondary school where students are polite, motivated to succeed and enjoy their education.
We have a clear vision and shared sense of purpose - our Values of Unity Respect Excellence underpin all we do across the school.
We would encourage anyone interested in working at Charters School, rather than wait for a job to be advertised, to send a CV to email@example.com. We will keep your CV on file and contact you if a vacancy arises in the areas that you have identified.
MOVING TO THE UK FROM OVERSEAS
We welcome international applications. We aim to make the transition as smooth as possible and those applying from overseas may find this information useful.
There are currently no teaching staff vacancies.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
WHY WORK AT CHARTERS
We have a strong reputation within the local community and are consistently oversubscribed, but we appreciate that you will want to know as much about our school as possible. For information on our school's ethos, the curriculum, pastoral organisation and Staff Wellbeing Package, please view the document below.
- The behaviour of students is very good and reflects our values of Unity Respect Excellence
- Departments are well-resourced and our school environment is very well maintained
- Excellent results at GCSE and at ‘A’ Level
- Large Sixth Form with over twenty ‘A’ Level and BTEC subjects
- Thriving House system for all staff and students to be a part of
- Extensive training and CPD programme for staff at all levels of experience
- Investment in personal growth and wellbeing including support given to access national qualifications and tertiary education or engage in research
- Quality, values-led performance management for all staff
- External and internal staff development opportunities such as attendance at courses and conferences, links with colleges, opportunities for staff secondments, support for initial teacher training and internal CPD pathways
- Excellent supportive induction programme for all staff including induction days and mentoring and coaching for new leaders
- Opportunities for staff, at all levels, to assume additional responsibilities of a whole school nature, some with incentive allowances attached or time provided resulting in many members of staff being promoted internally and externally
- Links with numerous partner organisations such as PiXL and Challenge Partners mean that staff get access to the very best opportunities for wider development
- Opportunities to be involved in other aspects of school to help develop those staff seeking wider leadership roles
SUPPORTING OUR STAFF
- Work-life balance is key to the way we lead our school - consultation with staff at all levels is fundamental. A strong active Staff Committee is part of the school’s feedback loop
- Admission priority is given to the ‘children of staff’ who, at the time of application, have been employed by the school for over two years (in difficult-to-recruit areas the length of service can be reduced) - Please see our Admission Policy for further information
- Extra-curricular opportunities for staff to come together as a whole staff group
- Reduced rates for the gym facilities on the school site at the weekend and after hours
- Staff Wellbeing Team, mental health support and staff socials
- Investment in support staff is high with many roles in place to reduce administration for teachers
- Excellent staff facilities (each department has a staff social area) - free tea and coffee, departmental staff work rooms, good ICT facilities for staff use (all teaching staff get their own laptop), catered lunches provided for all Progress Monitoring Consultations and INSET days
- Other staff benefits include special leave for occasions such as family events, graduations and school plays and considerations for flexible working.
Local Area such a vibrant place to call home.Discover more about the shops, restaurants, transport links and accommodation options which make our
TEACHER TRAINING AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT
At Charters School we are proud to support Initial Teacher Training (ITT) through the PGCE route in partnership with the University of Reading, University of Roehampton, UCL and St Mary’s Univesity, as well as the School Direct path in collaboration with the Bracknell Forest Partnership and Teach South East.
Find out more about Teacher Training options and commitment to Staff Development here.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
Charters School has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. Positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service). Charters School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please see this link to our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.