Charters School Library aims to nurture a love of reading, contribute to Learning and Teaching and the pastoral development and wellbeing of students across the whole school; allowing them every opportunity to be the very best version of themselves.
The Library is a valuable learning resource and aims to provide a safe, purposeful and productive environment in which students can engage in quiet reading, grow knowledge and develop skills through guided and independent study, activities and events.
The Library is available for students to visit:
- From 8.15 am before school daily
- Between 1.30 pm-2.00 pm daily subject to availability and capacity guidelines
- Until 4.15 pm after school Monday-Thursday
When enjoying The Library students can:
- Borrow and return books*
- Read or work quietly
- Find in-house and online resources to help with their studies
- Participate in activities and events organised and promoted by The Library Team
*Students are invited to borrow up to three books for periods identified by the return date stamped inside, in accordance with the 'no censorship' approach detailed in our letter to parents. It is each student's responsibility to renew, return or replace lost books in good time.