For a complete list of upcoming opportunities, please click on the calendar image below and filter by CAREERS
Below are some opportunities which may interest you.
Some opportunities invokve a cost. Any student who feels that the cost of a course on this page is prohibitive, please do consider asking your parents/carers to apply for support through our Unity Fund or if you are in the 6th Form the Bursary Fund.
Disclaimer: Any websites/apps mentioned below are not endorsed by the school and are used at your own discretion. Any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Charters School.
DOCTORSLIVE - WEEKLY VIRTUAL ANATOMY CLUB
(February 2024 to April 2024) - Live Every Tuesday 6pm-8pm
The Anatomy Club is a 3-month after-school programme covering all 12 organ systems. The sessions run for 2 hours weekly, every Tuesday evening, led by two practising doctors. They cover the body systems in a fun and interactive manner by dissecting our virtual anatomy model. We also cover diseases affecting the organ system and try to solve anonymised real-life patient cases together.
The sessions are aimed at any students interested in Science and Healthcare who want to learn something outside of the school curriculum. Our passion is to inspire students to learn about human science in an engaging and affordable manner. The course suits all students aged 13 and above. Certificates will be provided for participation. Below are some further details:
1. Learn about the fascinating workings of the human body from the comfort of your home
2. Cover all 12 organ systems
3. Solve real-life patient cases, including history taking and anonymised scans
4. Live virtual operations - showing step by step how common surgeries are carried out
5. A chance for students to interact with practising surgeons and doctors
6. Each live session is recorded and can be accessed anytime
The entire three-month program, including handouts, recordings and certificates, is priced at £59 per student.
Any student who feels that the cost of this course is prohibitive, please do consider asking your parents/carers to apply for support through our Unity Fund or if you are in the 6th Form the Bursary Fund.
EDT VIRTUAL ROUTES INTO STEM COURSE
The EDT Virtual Routes Into STEM Course is still open for applications. This course is an excellent opportunity for students in Years 9 & 10 who would like to find out about the various educational pathways into a STEM career and will run until 2 August 2024. Students can join and complete this course flexibly (approx. time to fully complete is 20 hours). There are some exciting live sessions coming up this month for students who are registered on this course which includes – A STEM Professionals panel and Careers Skills session – to view the full timetable click here - Live Sessions Timetable.
Any student who feels that the cost of this course is prohibitive, please do consider asking your parents/carers to apply for support through our Unity Fund.
GRADUATE CAREERS LIVE
Broadcast from a TV-studio in central London, Graduate Careers Live! is essential viewing for Sixth Form students considering university entrance in 2024 – or applying for a degree apprenticeship.
Highlights from the 90-minute programme include:
• analysis of the universities and degree courses that are most-likely to lead to a well-paid job after graduation
• an interview with Zoe Thomas, author of The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide, on how to use the latest league tables when applying for university
• the outlook for today’s university-leavers and an assessment of the current graduate job market
• an in-depth introduction to degree apprenticeships, the debt-free alternative to university
• specially-commissioned films about graduate careers in law and engineering degree apprenticeships
• a countdown of The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers and an interview with this year's number 1 graduate employer
• an exclusive guide to student finance and how to pay for university
• useful tips and guidance from current university students
WORK READY CLUB FOCUS ON CABIN CREW CAREERS
The latest Work Ready Club meeting focuses on Cabin Crew Careers with Enya de Wolf from British Airways.
Key Learning Points:
- Gain an insight into a day in the life of cabin crew
- Find out about the application process
- Discover other career opportunities with British Airways
WORK READY CLUB FOCUS ON FMCG
The latest Work Ready Club meeting looks at Exploring Careers in FMCG Sales with Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Find out what employers are looking for in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sales Sector.
Key Learning Points:
- Find out how your part time job in retail can give you a head start
- The importance of building relationships
- Find out why attitude and behaviours are key success criteria
WORK READY CLUB FOCUS ON HERITAGE & ARCHAELOGY
This Work Ready Club meeting looks at Exploring Careers in Heritage and Archaeology with Oxford Archaeology. Find out what employers are looking for in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sales Sector.
Key Learning Points:
- Find out about the sectors of archaeology
- Explore the different routes into archaeology
- Understand the skills and qualities required to undertake a career in archaeology
UNIVERSITY OPEN DAYS 2023
Do you know someone who is considering applying to university soon? Many higher education providers have open days and UCAS has done the hard work and compiled a list so you can plan your visits!
- Attend at least one or two subject talks, sample lectures, taster sessions or department visits
- Take a tour of the campus, accommodation and Student Union venues
- Look around the town/city itself
- Speak with current students - the course should be at the top of your list of things to find out about at an open day, so speak with those who are already studying there
Try to also give yourself some time to explore on your own. Bear in mind that a uni will be putting on its best face for you, so it's worthwhile to spend a bit of time just wandering around and absorbing the general atmosphere.
Discover the dates for university open days by clicking the link below:
These insights are completely free for students to attend and they can register via the Unifrog platform using the link below:
INVESTIN UPCOMING EVENTS FOR PARENTS
InvestIN's ongoing parent event series is designed to give parents the essential tools they'll need to support their child on their career journey. Events are run by leading experts and are free to attend.
BERKSHIRE ENTERPRISE ADVISOR NETWORK
Discover an array of insights, webinars, apprenticeship and careers opportunities in and around Berkshire
PATHWAY CTM EVENTS
Connecting you with leading UK employers to gain experience and figure out your next steps after school/college!
FILM ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP
This month’s Work Ready Club meeting focuses on Exploring Entrepreneurship with Andy Lambert from Adobe. You will gain an understanding of what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, the skills and qualities involved and how to make an impact.
Key Learning Points:
- Find out if entrepreneurs are made or born.
- Managing mindset and self-doubt.
- The power of modelling and networking.
Andy has a fascinating and inspiring story to share.