GCSE AND A LEVEL RESULTS
Mathematics students at Charters School will be equipped to deal with the mathematics they will encounter in their everyday lives. They will be encouraged to be resilient, adaptable learners and be able to work independently or collaboratively. Everyone will be expected to value the input of their teachers and peers and strive to improve their mathematical understanding. Students will develop their mathematical literacy by becoming critical thinkers and will be able to present their ideas logically.
- Explain the reasoning behind mathematical processes, and incorporate problems which require students to demonstrate their understanding of the topic as well as their ability to apply the method
- Present challenges during lessons which require resilience, analytical thinking and a consideration of alternative strategies.
- Model appropriate mathematical vocabulary and encourage mathematical literacy so students can correctly express their understandings
- Provide opportunities to work both independently and collaboratively during and out of lessons
- Interlink topics within the Mathematics curriculum and emphasise the mathematical links to different subject areas to ensure effective reinforcement of skills learnt.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
Miss Boxall, Mrs Roberts, Mr King, Mr McNamara, Dr Armitage, Mr Ginn, Miss Godbold (maternity leave), Mrs Goulbourne, Mr Greaves, Mrs Henly, Mrs Hill, Mrs Jha, Miss King, Mrs Kramer, Mrs McWalter, Mrs Mogeroy, Miss Sebastian
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 4 - EDEXCEL Key Stage 5 - EDEXCEL