Return to all subjects
A LEVEL RESULTS
Psychology students at Charters School will be inquisitive and motivated to learn more about the key issues and debates within the study of human behaviour. They will develop a greater sense of ethical issues surrounding the study of human behaviour and in turn develop a greater sense of tolerance and understanding. They will explore how understanding psychology has real world applications and how it is crucial to our everyday life. They will learn to challenge and question the power of social influence, conformity and enhance their understanding of mental health related illnesses making them feel more confident, autonomous and equipped for their future lives.
- They will have a strong understanding of the key issues and debates within Psychology, such as nature/nurture.
- They will explore and examine the impact and influence of Psychology in understanding human behaviour.
- They will be able to identify, critically analyse and evaluate different Psychological approaches within Psychology and understand the benefits of Interactionism.
- They will be able to confidently articulate how Psychological research has influenced our everyday practice both in their academic writing as well as through Socratic dialogue.
- They will examine and critically evaluate the array on investigation techniques when carrying out the Psychological research.
- They will develop a critical and enquiring mind, which appreciates the youth of Psychology as an academic discipline but also the potential it carries.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 5 - AQA