Prince's Trust Achieve
Prince's Trust Achieve students at Charters School will be enthusiastic and motivated to develop and improve their personal and social skills, as well as helping them to understand themselves better and to communicate effectively in a range of personal, social and educational situations.
Students will develop and hone skills in teamwork, characterisation, communication and analysis.
The Achieve programme will deliver a range of topics which relate to life skills and personal, social development. The programme gives students the opportunity to put what they learn into practice in a variety of contexts in which they find themselves in modern UK society.
- They will explore and develop knowledge and understanding of a range of career and study choices.
- They will learn transferable skills such as creativity, self-confidence, communication, evaluation and teamwork.
- They will be encouraged and have the ability to apply the skills they learn to other subjects at school.
- They will be helped to prepare for the world of work and post 16 education through their own personal development of the skills and knowledge which will allow them to experience personal success on their developmental journey.
- They will be encouraged to start on a life long learning journey through gaining an understanding of having a healthy lifestyle, being able to manage money, confidentially deploying digital online skills, and having a knowledge and understanding of presentation skills and career planning techniques.
KEY STAGE 4 SUMMARY OF CURRICULUM
The Prince’s Trust Achieve Programme is an alternative curriculum option that enables Key Stage 4 students to develop the transferable skills of Leadership & Teamwork, Organisation, Resilience, Initiative and Communication. With flexible delivery methods and curriculum content, the programme is ideally suited to meet the needs and interests of young people by building confidence, self-esteem and core employability skills to prepare them for life beyond Year 11.
The programme enables students to:
- build their self-esteem and become confident young adults, equipping them for the working world.
- develop their skills in teamwork, communication and analysis.
- improve their personal and social skills, as well helping them to understand themselves better, to manage their money and to communicate effectively in a range of personal, social and educational situations.
The Achieve Programme gives students the opportunity to put what they learn into practice in a variety of contexts.
Modules which are studied at Charters:
SKILLS FOR SCHOOL
- Planning for Personal Development
- Communication including Body Language
PERSONAL, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Managing Money
- Preparing for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Digital Skills; Including Online Safety
PREPARAION FOR WORK
- Presentation Skills
- Practising Leadership Skills
- Career Planning; including CVs and Interviews
- Writing a Covering letter