GCSE AND A LEVEL RESULTS
History students at Charters School will be curious and inspired by the dilemmas, choices and beliefs of people in the past. Through the study of local, national and international events they will develop a greater sense of their own identity and through this appreciate the values and diversity of the wider community in which they form a part. They will answer questions of the present by engaging with the past and in doing so develop skills that will enable them to play a full part in a democratic society.
- They will have a strong chronological understanding of Britain’s past and how its relationship with Europe and the wider world has developed.
- They will be able to identify, analyse and evaluate different interpretations of the past and reach a balanced and reasoned judgement.
- They will be able to confidently articulate their understanding of the past both in academic writing as well as through debate and discussion.
- They will appreciate the ethnic and cultural diversity of our community and thereby become inclusive members of our society.
- They will develop a critical and enquiring mind, which appreciates the impact of individual endeavour and shows empathy with the past.
2022/23 TEACHING STAFF
Ms Brown, Mr Cook, Mr Espensen, Mr Metson, Ms Parris
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 4 - AQA Key Stage 5 - AQA