A LEVEL AND GCSE RESULTS
Students of Computing will become digitally literate, able to develop their ideas and express themselves through information and communication technology. They will learn how to use programming languages to design algorithms which solve computational problems. Students opting to study ICT at KS4, will also acquire practical skills to become confident users of creative media and an understanding of how wider digital media plays an important role in their everyday lives.
- They will develop the skills to use a range of software for a variety of purposes including office applications, web authoring and graphics editing.
- They will be able to analyse a task, identify the requirements, design and implement a solution.
- They will be able to design algorithms to solve problems and code solutions using two or more high-level programming languages.
- They will be able to critically reflect on their work, evaluate the extent to which it meets the requirements and identify future improvements.
- They will develop their understanding of the legal, social, economic, ethical and environmental issues raised by ICT and Computer Science.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
Mrs Boyd, Mrs Birtwistle, Miss Coombes, Mr Gurney
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
GCSE - OCR A Level - OCR