Open Evening - 14 October 5.30 to 8.00 pm
There will be an introductory presentation by our Headteacher, Mr Fletcher, and our Head of Sixth Form, Mrs Hill, at 6.00 pm in the Main Hall. The presentation will be repeated at 6.45 pm.
Come along to our Sixth Form Open Evening on Thursday 14 October to discover what makes Charters Sixth Form special.
- Charters Sixth Form is housed in its own purpose-built block
- Our newly refurbished Common Room is the hub of Sixth Form life
- The Durning Room, which is our supervised silent study area, is open from 8.00 am -5.45 pm in the evening
- The Pronto Café which is open from 8.00 am -2.00 pm every day is used exclusively by Sixth Form students
TEACHING AND SUPPORT
- Small tutor groups are led by our A Level and BTEC subject teachers
- Successful coaching for Oxbridge candidates
- Targeted support for Potential High Achievers with organised visits to universities
- Guest speakers to inspire students
- The Extended Project Qualification allows students to extend their abilities beyond their Sixth Form course of study, stand out and prepare for university or their future career
- All students visit the UCAS exhibition at Surrey University and receive bespoke one-to-one support and guidance for UCAS, apprenticeships and work applications
- Our experienced team of tutors and Sixth Form support staff give Post 18 pathway support
WIDER SIXTH FORM LIFE
- Students can play a major part in shaping the life of the Charters community by taking an active leadership role in either the House system or as a Senior Student Leader
- All students take part in Community Service, investing time in our local community
- Our close relationship with Royal Holloway University London allows students to enrol as RHUL Community Action volunteers, become DJs on their Insanity radio station or use their library facilities when working on Extended Projects
- The PiXL Edge Masters Award develops students’ leadership, organisational and communicative skills. It is a recognised NCFE qualification
- Students benefit from one week of work experience in Year 12
- Many students complete their Silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Wednesday Afternoon Enrichment activities are a highlight of the week
- Personal Development lessons support Sixth Form students to navigate life in the present and also once they have left Charters
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Over the coming weeks we will be asking parents, students, teachers and members of our alumni community FIVE QUESTIONS about their Charters Sixth Form experiences. Take a look to discover what life could be like for you on our Sixth Form community.
A BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK...
Last year we were unable to show new students around our Sixth Form and so produced this video to give people a flavour of life in our Sixth Form.
We are looking forward to meeting prospective students in person this year, however thought that many of you would still find the video valuable.