Return to all subjects
A LEVEL RESULTS
Media Studies students at Charters school will be able to analyse and appreciate the craft involved in communicating media messages in a global arena. They will be able to decode implicit and explicit messages across a range of media, recognising bias and demonstrate understanding concerning how representations are constructed for a specific purpose and audience. They will analyse media language which will inform their own design, filming and editing choices ensuring their cross-media productions target specific audiences. They will be encouraged to explore and apply media theory, research industrial context and work with media professionals to gain experience and insight concerning a media career.
- They will develop an analytical approach to texts, decoding media language.
- They will apply media theory and use media terminology in their own explanations.
- They will research and examine industrial context to fully understand the influence on production of media texts.
- They will produce their own cross-media productions targeting a specific audience.
- They will take advantage of opportunities to work with media professionals.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 5 - WJEC