GCSE AND A LEVEL RESULTS
Geography students at Charters School will be motivated and well-rounded decision makers who show an appreciation of the interconnectedness of the diverse physical and human world. Students will explore contemporary issues at a local, national and global scale to gain an insight into alternative viewpoints that enables them to make informed judgements and evidenced conclusions. Through fieldwork, students will develop enquiring minds and gain geographical skills and help them understand their place in creating a sustainable future.
- Extending locational knowledge and deepening spatial awareness of the world’s regions to include the diverse continent of Africa, Antarctica, India, China and the UK.
- Understanding geographical similarities, differences and the interconnectedness between places through the study of human and physical geography.
- Developing empathetic skills by looking at a range of viewpoints at a variety of scales.
- Using key words confidently to ‘speak like a Geographer’, justifying opinions in extended writing.
- Using fieldwork, research and data handling skills to collect, analyse, draw conclusions and evaluations from geographical data using multiple sources.
- Through a range of decision-making exercises, students will consider the future challenges and possible sustainable approaches.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
Miss Smith, Miss Barrett, Miss Rowlands, Miss Walters
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 4 - EDEXCEL A Level - EDEXCEL