Food students at Charters School will have a keen interest in learning how to cook and prepare healthy and nutritious dishes. They will understand the importance of diet in maintaining good health and well-being. Through the study of food, students will develop their creativity and a range of skills in food preparation. They will have the confidence to work independently and the knowledge to make appropriate food choices, to feed themselves and others affordably and well, now and in later life.
- They will develop their knowledge, understand and apply the principles of nutrition and health
- They will cook predominantly savoury dishes so that they are able to feed themselves and others a healthy and varied diet
- They will become competent in a range of cooking techniques in order to prepare food in a safe and hygienic way
- They will be able to select and prepare ingredients, use utensils and electrical equipment, apply heat in different ways, show an awareness of taste, texture and smell to decide how to season dishes and combine ingredients, using and adapting their own recipes
- They will understand the source, seasonality and characteristics of a broad range of ingredients.
2022/23 TEACHING STAFF
Ms Christensen, Mrs Rossiter,
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 4 - OCR
Key Stage 3Key Stage 4