A LEVEL AND GCSE RESULTS
Design Technology students at Charters School will be using an iterative design approach to widen their understanding of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes through a series of design and make projects. They will develop an awareness of the current social and environmental impacts that Design Technology has during the entire product lifecycle.
- They will learn about types, sources and properties of a variety of materials.
- Via application, they will learn a range of processes used to manufacture products as scale models or working prototypes.
- They will apply investigation strategies to inform the development of their designs.
- Innovative design strategies will be adopted to ensure their product is fit for purpose.
- They will develop analytical and evaluative skills and be confident enough to self-reflect, which leads to further exploration of ideas.
- They will understand how to identify and fulfil client needs to ensure a successful and marketable product.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
Mr Bennie, Mr Hartwell, Mrs Heidary, Miss Torlop
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 4 - EDEXCEL Ket Stage 5 - EDEXCEL