COVID Recovery/Remote Curriculum
Upon the return to school, it is our ultimate aim that students of Charters School will continue to be well-rounded intellectually, socially and emotionally. We will help them once more to become equipped with the skills and knowledge for life, work and learning – literacy, numeracy, communication, creativity and aesthetic appreciation – in order to be able to flourish within a decent society.
We will do this by:
- Investing in and restoring the relationships triangle between the school, our students, and their families, ensuring it is once again strong
- Understanding the needs of our students and our community
- Addressing the gaps in education by consulting with our students and developing our curriculum to address these gaps
- Making the skills for learning in the school environment explicit to our students to reskill and rebuild their confidence
- Providing space for our students to rediscover themselves, helping them to find their voice on learning