GCSE AND A LEVEL RESULTS
Religious Studies students at Charters School are interested and motivated by events, people and beliefs. As part of a local and wider community they are up to date with news and current affairs. They read and learn about issues as well as learning from them. Pupils engage in dialogue and debate and enjoy critical thinking. Pupils study a wide multi-faith curriculum debating current affairs with thought-provoking topics.
- Students will appreciate the significance of holy places, beliefs, traditions and culture around the world.
- They will be able to identify, analyse and evaluate different interpretations of the past and reach a balanced and reasoned judgement. Places of Worship, Religion & the Media.
- They will be able to confidently articulate their understanding of the past both in academic writing as well as through debate and discussion. Sanctity of Life, Science & Ethics.
- They will appreciate the ethnic and cultural diversity of our community and thereby become inclusive members of our society. Religion, Human Rights & Social Justice.
- Through reading and writing, they will develop a critical and enquiring mind, which appreciates the impact of individual endeavour and shows empathy with the past. Global Issues, Interfaith Dialogue.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
Ms Magill, Ms Parris, Ms Bennett, Mr Riches, Ms Enmarch
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Key Stage 4 - AQA Key Stage 5 - OCR