A LEVEL AND GCSE RESULTS
We encourage Biology students at Charters School to develop an understanding and appreciation for the life surrounding them. We offer a supportive yet challenging environment with varied opportunities to explore the natural world through research, group experiments and enquiry-lead learning.
- They are encouraged to hold their own point of view about scientific developments, articulate advantages and disadvantages, broadening their awareness through research, debate and discussion.
- They will learn how science has developed over time, building on the understanding and research of others, and the importance of scientists working as a community.
- Through scientific enquiry they will learn to question and use the laboratory resources and equipment to provide data to come to conclusions.
- They will make connections between the scientific principles and theory they learn and the applications in everyday life.
- They will be aware of how scientific theory links to the varied occupations that use science, and specific science careers.
2021/22 TEACHING STAFF
Miss Lawson, Mrs Chaudhary, Mrs West, Mrs Pearce, Miss Goody, Dr Herbert, Mrs Stephenson
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
GCSE - AQA A Level - OCR