Are you missing out? Is your child eligible for free school meals?
Yes, if you receive one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income (as assessed by the HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed the income threshold set by the Treasury, currently £16,190
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks AFTER they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
Parents receiving working tax credit are not eligible.
We would like to help families whose children may be entitled to get free school meals to apply for them. Also, registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money. Register now to make sure no-one misses out!
- School lunches provide a healthy, nutritious and tasty meal of a main course and pudding (drinks extra)
- Research shows that a school lunch can help concentration levels
- Menus are varied and are available from the school
- Schools may be able to receive additional DfE funding
- Financial assistance may be available for trips or activities directly related to the taught curriculum
Applying for free school meals is fast and easy
Applications are made online using the Department for Education Eligibility Checking Service (ECS) which allows your eligibility to be checked confidentially online speeding up the application process. Please click on the RBWM logo below to be taken through to the website
If you cannot access the online Application Form or need assistance in completing it, we can offer you the use of a computer in school and an administrator will be available to help you - or complete the Application Form in your presence on your behalf. Please contact Lesley Whittow (01344 298731) to arrange to come in.
Please click on the logo above to apply for free school meals.
You will need your National Insurance number or your National Asylum Support Service reference number
How does it work in practice?
Students entitled to free school meals are allowed to purchase two different items, regardless of price, for their lunch. The free school meal allowance applies to lunches only and is available during Period 3 lunch break. Purchases made outside of lunch time must be paid for by topping up your child's account on www.parentpay.com