What are the qualities we are looking for in a Parent Ambassador?
- Confidence and enthusiastism to enable you to network in the parent or business community
- Passionate about our children’s success and Charters alike
- Enjoy working with freedom and on your own initiative
- Enjoy mixing and working as part of a passionate team
- Responsible and able to tell our story in a professional way
What are the benefits for you?
This is not a job, it should be fun, often social and rewarding for you and the school in equal measures.
- If you are employed your Company may support your efforts, this can include: additional paid leave to support your volunteering; a donation to the School.
- Freedom and flexibility to do as much or as little as you can commit to.
- Your own Charters email for communication and work projects relating to the school.
- Opportunity to choose the project or Department you would like to be involved in.
- A chance to make a real difference to Charters' students.
- Volunteering is a great addition to your CV and profile
- Demonstrate to your child your commitment to their education – ‘we are in this together'
- The opportunity to make a difference to your children’s education and talk with pride about the success we achieve together.
What is the expected commitment from our Parent Ambassadors?
Parent Ambassadors commit to a one-school year renewable term which includes an initial meeting to discuss the parameters of the role and expectations.
We anticipate just three meetings per year. We know that our families are very busy, so the level of participation is down to you. If you do one thing to promote us, and achieve a project target, we will be delighted.
Broadly we will be looking for you to get involved in the following:
- Building stronger links and networking in our parent community to share our successes as well as highlight our challenges.
- Reach out to people we know or work with in the business community. We are rated “outstanding” by OFSTED. We are very proud of that and we know, from experience that businesses want to be associated with us.
- Get involved with a project or department you are passionate about. We have development needs in many areas and you may be able find support for us in a number of ways, for example:
- Engaging and leading a group of volunteers for a project
- Saving money for materials
- Sponsorship for events
- But most importantly just spreading the word!
Do I have to be an "expert" on Charters in order to be an Ambassador?
No. We are looking for Parent Ambassadors who are interested in supporting current and prospective families by sharing their experiences and impressions about Charters. Other parents want to hear about your perspective as a current parent, carer or family member. The Parent Ambassador Programme will provide you with all the information and support you need to be a successful ambassador.
Are you interested in being a Parent Ambassador?
We are looking for parents/carers and adult family members of Charters' students who are interested in volunteering to connect with families of current and prospective students and be advocates for the school in the community and in our feeder schools.
As a Parent Ambassador you will represent the face of the school in the parent and business community and often be a point of contact for others wanting to support your project or just get involved.
The Parent Ambassador application process is open throughout the school year, but recruitment occurs each the summer term from April – July so that the parents have time to think about what projects or departments they are passionate about and would like support for the next academic year.