Charters School is an academy school and therefore the Governing Body of Charters School is the Admissions Authority for the school. Charters is over-subscribed and waiting lists exist for all year groups.
- Admissions to Year 7 at Charters are administered by the School Admissions Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. Full details of the admissions process for a Year 7 place for the start of the academic year are published on the RBWM website: www.rbwm.gov.uk we suggest you enter School Admissions in the search box to select from the range of information available. Applications are usually made online but downloadable forms are available.
- The closing date for applications is 31 October in the year preceding entry to Charters School.
- In-Year applications to Charters (Years 7 to 11) are administered by the school. To download an In-Year Application Form, please click the link in the featured content area on the right.
- There are 240 places available in each year group in Years 7 to 11.
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Need, where Charters is named as the preferred school in the Statement, are allocated places ahead of applicants who fall within lower admissions categories.
- Charters has a Learning Support Centre for students with a physical disability – these places are allocated in excess of the statutory 240 places in each year group.
- If a place is not available at the time of application, you may opt to go on the waiting list and/or go to appeal. To make an application to go to appeal, please see the RBWM appeals information or contact the Democratic Services Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead tel: 01628 796319.
- The appeal process takes several weeks and appeals are heard by an independent Appeals Panel which considers each case on its own merit.
- Admissions to the Sixth Form are administered by the Sixth Form Administrator at the school, Mrs Anna Boxall. Please click here to visit the Sixth Form webpages.